Excerpts from the final report
- From 118.000 to 2.731 movements per year, a change in the -97%.
- Transport decreased by 37.894 km (-92%).
- The number of garbage bags fell by 115.096 st (-97%)
- CO2 carbon dioxide emissions fell by 35.518 kg CO2 (-92,4%).
- Total collected garbage 1 239 507 kg.
- Source separation: glass 3706 kg, paper 2540 kg.
Results are based on 124 st enheter från Bigbelly under period 2013-2017.
Bigbelly is an innovative platform with over 50.000 existing devices in the 54 countries that communicate and create a sustainable handling of garbage in the public room without power cord connector. The devices report their status and the fill level directly to the responsible for the more effective planning of routes. Bigbelly HC har 5-8 times more capacity than a traditional litter basket and provides room for 570 litres of uncompressed rubbish at the same size without pests get access to content. The platform provides an added value for both business, environment and visitors. Read more about the platform here
The Administration has, In addition to the direct impact on the climate, rated a higher knowledge and awareness of how to optimize placement of litter baskets and optimises transport.
“We may also see a drastic reduction in picking the cleaning of parks, a decrease of 60%."
– Bo Höglund, Norrmalm District